Saturday, December 25, 2010

"Dandelion Drunken and Dizzy, New Mexico"

"Dandelion Drunken and Dizzy, New Mexico"

talking time with the sun rolling up the mountain
talking time with the trees pushing up dark, wet soil
talking time with the red reflections of sky in mud

whispering my love into the breeze of Northern New Mexico

the second hand love of users and drunks
the third eye love of gurus, saints, mothers and Jesus
the trampled on love of dogs
and the primal love of sweat

rolling, pushing, prodding, poking love of the world
invisible gem of unparalleled cut and shine
held in the hand of an older man whom I have called,
"one of my strange reflections"

feeling the breeze push through my window
I soon loose the vibration
the one to unwrap my head from cellophane sun
the one to wake me in the morning
the one who writes poetry in mid breath..

I'm feeling dizzy.

I dance off abnormally
to go rest my head
on a cold, rain wet pillow,
sloshing full of free wine and wishes
for a lover to share something with

Seamus Fitzgerald © 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment